Getting out of the rat race

This blog will serve as a tracking of my path towards financial success.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Taking Inventory

Take a look around at the people you hang out with.

Chances are, you will end up just like them. If they complain, you will complain. If they are ultra-conservative, chances are that you will acquire some conservative views. The actions and behaviors of the company you keep will be one of your largest influences in your life.

I've been trying to figure out where I want to go in life and while I may not have specifics, I do have a general idea of where I'm headed, what I'd like to do, and the types of friends that I would like to have. I've had my fair share of involvement with negative people...and no matter who you are (I like to think I'm rather positive) you can't help but be dragged down by them. If you are curious and don't hang out with curious people, you'll lose your curiosity piece by piece. If you have a dream of becoming financially 'free' and independent, you wont get there by associating yourself with blue collar employees that want nothing more than a weekend with a 6-pack. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with a specific lifestyle, if it makes someone happy to do what they do, more power to them...but I have been trying not to associate with people who aren't on my wavelength and more importantly aren't on the wavelength that I want to be on.

I want to become financially literate and life a life free of the traditional worries. I am willing to take the steps that are needed to reach this point. I will read, study, and think about the implications that my actions have on my life. I will accept responsibility for the path I choose.

By writing my self-declaration, I have established what my goal is and the basic steps that I will take to accomplish this goal. Do you have a goal? What are the steps you would take to accomplish your goal?

Until next time,
Thor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home