Getting out of the rat race

This blog will serve as a tracking of my path towards financial success.

Friday, December 29, 2006

New Job

So, I just recieved/accepted a new job offer.

I will be starting part-time employment with H&R Block within the month. It doesn't pay nearly as well as my current full-time position but I'm very excited to get the extra experience working in the financial industry as well as experience with taxes/tax deductions. My prior experience with taxes is limited to filing my tax returns using Turbo-tax for a few years so I'm sure that I will learn a lot!

Estimated Hours/wk = 10
Expected Increase income/mth = 7.82%

Hopefully, I'll work a few more hours than that...but its always best to be conservative.

My plan will be to use my income for three goals:
1) Speed up my emergency fund savings.
2) Fully fund my ROTH IRA
3) Pay down debt

I doubt that I will be able to make enough money to cover all of these goals, but I generally don't set goals for myself that are easily achieved.

Until next year,
Thor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home