Getting out of the rat race

This blog will serve as a tracking of my path towards financial success.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

'Christmas' presents for parents

I had already purchased gifts for my parents for Christmas, but after coming back from home last week, I decided to do something extra for my parents.

My parents have done quite a bit for me over the past 24 years and this past Christmas wasn't an exception. I received a bunch of professional looking clothes for work as well as several books. (all I really need :)

I decided to spend some of the money I had been saving for a rainy day on Rod Stewart tickets just to show my appreciation. My mom was so excited when I told her tat it was more than worth forgoing a Wii or a few extra sushi dinners...plus, I'm sure I'll have a blast at the concert!!! (even though I'm not the largest fan of Rod Stewart)

Anyhow, the real point of this posting was that you "Save/invest to live, you don't live to save/invest..." Basically, we aren't here just to improve the bottom line of our balance sheets...at least I'm not. I'm just here to have a fun time...and being financially able to do nice things for the people I love is pretty much the only reason I ever started reading about finance to begin with.

If you've saved a little money, you should allow yourself to spend some of it...take in a movie with loved ones (or buy some concert tickets) because last time I checked, my money has never smiled at me...but it can help provide smiles...which a main reason why I expect many of you are reading this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home