Getting out of the rat race

This blog will serve as a tracking of my path towards financial success.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

How to Track your Accounts

Many of the people that I've talk to have trouble keeping track of all their accounts.

The 'old' way of waiting for snail mail to come to your house and manually writing out checks to pay your bills is more or less a thing of the past.

I all of my finances electronic and most of them are automatic in making sure that the bill is paid on time and that my savings accounts are funded. I still go in manually whenever I feel like making an extra transaction or two, but even then, it is as simple as clicking "transfer" or "Pay Bill" and selecting which accounts to transfer between and the amount.

I track my finances in several ways.
1) My Smith Barney investment account offers the service of tracking all of my credit cards and other accounts
2) I am still learning how to use Quicken...and I sometimes get rather frustrated with it
3) I manually track account levels on a high level in an excel sheet that calculated my networth and general budget.

And then, there is yoddle.

I just signed up for it to day (its free) and it looks like it is the total package.
I simply entered in all of institutions where my accounts are held and provided them with logon/password information. All of the account activity is brought into the site and even classifed by transaction type!
The system allows you to create your own budget (suggestions are made on your historical activity) and all of this has come to light after just two hours! I highly recommend checking out the site!

https://moneycenter.yodlee.com/


Until next time,
Thor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home